Health, Safety & Environmental Officer
Under the direction of the HSE Manager and Project Management team, and based in Cape Town / South Africa, the Senior Safety officer will be responsible for providing safety support to the project management team, supervisors, team leaders and workers.
This position will provide leadership and coordination of the day-to-day safety requirements of the assigned projects, according to company, client and quality standards.
Health, Safety, Environmental Manager
- Conduct Safety assurance activities, as directed by the set Company, Client and Quality standards.
- Provide HSE support to the teams and projects and maintain a visible presence to the workshops and sites,
- Assist in the coaching, mentoring and implementation of the HS&E programs in the workshops and field.
- Regularly review and be familiar with all applicable legislation and applicable standards, to ensure compliance and inform management of any change
- Develop a Site Safety Management Plan (SMP) for the project to ensure a safe work environment for all company employees, contractors, visitors and community when on deployment.
- Regularly audit the SMP for compliance and update to ensure the alignment with project scope and conditions.
- Assist with the organizing and scheduling of safety staff and first aid coverage while on Deployment.
- Ensure that all incidents are reported immediately, participate in incident analysis and corrective actions proposal, implementation and follow up
- Review safety obligations of the clients and ensure they are carried out as per the terms of the agreements, and communicated to the Project Manager, Supervisors, Team leaders and Safety officers.
- Ensure new employees Safety induction training.
- Update safety records, reports and statistics and ensure they are properly communicated
- Prepare for, and participate in audits such as OHSAS 18001; ISO 14001. Conduct internal audits and subcontractors audits
- Nebosh certificate or other Health and Safety or related qualification.
- Registered Safety Officer.
- Excellent Knowledge of relevant Safety Acts and Regulations
- 3 – 4 Years’ experience in a similar HSE Role
- Strong experience in risk assessment, incident analysis
- Availability to travel
- Computer literate with excellent working knowledge of MS Office.
- Good report writing and strong presentation skills.
- Strong planning and organisational skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Assertiveness , excellent communication and interpersonal skills even in conflict situations
Apply Now hidden